Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Au Revoir 2012

Hello my dear readers,

I am back from my hiatus and ready to crack on and bring you some top-notch fashion info once again :)

Firstly I hit 10 000 views while I was away, so thank you for following, commenting and supporting me. I will always appreciate the knowledge that something worthwhile comes out of my love and passion.

I thought a good idea to start 2013 would be to look back at my top 5 trends of 2012 (all of which will still be around for the next season or two) so here we go:

1. The Maxi

Whether full length, slit, high-low, sheer or whatever this is probably my fav item of 2012. The most flattering and feminine piece you could ever have in your wardrobe. I love how you can translate this this piece through winter and summer by wearing a jersey/crop top. I also love how you can dress it down with a full length maxi to the beach or up with a thigh high slit to a fancy dinner or nightclub.


2. The Itsy Bitsy Crop Top

The last season saw tops getting smaller and smaller, with me picking something up in the store wondering if it was daywear or lingerie ;) The crop top and maxi/high waisted shorts are exactly the combo we needed to get that 90's grunge feel that inspired fashion for 2012


3. The Smallest Denims I Could Find

I have never been a shorts person. In fact I remember SJP commenting on a 90's photo of herself in white denims saying "that is the last time I ever wore shorts" - best left in the past?? I think not. We have reinvented the look of denim shorts and I love love LOVE them. These super sexy babies can be faaar shorter than a skirt without looking tarty, allowing us to show off our long sexy legs and feel super confident.


4. The Rise of the Gucci Goth

I have always been slightly into my darker side but this year I could relish and dance around in it. Crosses, spikes, studs, black lips and nails, pentagrams and the likes are all the rage and show no chance of "going out of fashion" any time soon. Stuck here, down in South Africa, our stores are only just starting to stock these items and I'm having a hard time controlling the use of my credit card :p
 

5. Sheer Bliss

Sheer blouses are also another sexy staple I could not do without for this past season. Nothing looks more gorgeous than an expensive black lacy bra sticking out from beneath a black shirt. Of course this also has a slight shock factor with the more conservative and the slightly less fashionable. But, if you are going for shock try the "pocket protector" and no bra, just make sure you are shimmying with caution ;)


Well that concludes my fashion highlights of 2012, expect much of the same this year but lets all pick up the pace and be outrageously amazing.

Happy 2013 dear readers,
lets make it amazing!!

till next time
love ohsococo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...