Friday, 8 June 2012

Nothing has more ‘old world’ French glamour than red lipstick, which is just another part of their culture. Red lips are by far the easiest and quickest beauty tip to emulate from the French, yet its the one that packs the most glam punch.


Many people are scared of red lipstick because it screams “look at me”, but the trick of the French is simplicity, not too much of any one thing. One has to imitate the ‘no makeup look’, so just embrace and enhance what you’ve already got.

My red lipstick look starts with a light application of foundation and then some pressed powder. I add a little extra powder to create matt porcelain look. Then move onto the lips, patting the lipstick on rather than applying a thick coat. This gives a more lived in and less in the face look. I then apply a thin line of liquid liner and then balance with mascara. Remain subtle on the eyes to give a sophisticated, elegant look.


My two favourites are the Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion or if you are on a budget MAC Lipstick in Russian Red

So French week has come and gone. I hope I inspired you all to add a little joie de vivre into your life

till next time
love ohsococo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...