Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Tales of the Unexpected

When I came across this book I got giddy with excitement. With a release date yet to be confirmed I have put it on my wishlist on loot. Benjamin LaCombe, one of my favourite illustrators has released a fabulous illustrated edition of Edgar Allan Poes best works. From its abundance of the macabre to its lavishly extravagant cover and devastatingly dark illustrations this is one I will be reading to my bestie on a dark and stormy girls night :)







Check out a preview of the book here

Deep with thoughts of Edgar Allan Poe my mind immediately flashed to Tim Burton and I had to find you a fashion forward photo shoot to lay out with this book post. So this is what I stumbled upon.

My childhood was filled with books, in fact, I dont think I was seen without a book in front of my face. Among my favourite were Roald Dahls  collections which I have treasured ever since then and as an adult I have enjoyed many of his short stories too. So Vogue UK decided that this best loved children's author who wrote titles such as “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”, “Matilda” and “James and the Giant Peach” deserved some attention and they enlisted Tim Burton (who of course directed one adaptation of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and produced another for James and the Giant Peach) and actors Helena Bonham Carter, Imelda Staunton and Jamie Bell  to bring to life Dahl’s powerful vision through fashion. 

Brace yourselves.

Shot by Tim Walker, the editorial takes its name from Dahl’ successful short story collection.














Hope this inspired you

till next time
love ohsococo

1 comment:

  1. omgosh.. when i saw this post i went straight to the end bits and totally skipped out the book...

    hope you ordered it already ;) cant WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...